POSITION: Specification Manager
LOCATION: Baltimore, Maryland
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
Panolam Surface Systems (www.panolam.com) is a leading manufacturer of interior surfaces, including; high-pressure decorative laminates, thermally fused laminates, and a variety of specialty laminates for decorative as well as industrial applications.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced candidate, based in the Baltimore, Maryland, or Northern Virginia area, to promote our Pionite and Nevamar HPL / TFL and related product lines to Architects, Designers, Specifiers, Healthcare & Educational End Users & National Accounts in the states of Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Performs Sales Calls: this includes but is not limited to: traveling to customers and potential customer’s facilities within the A&D/End User (with in -house design) Segment; understanding their needs through solution selling, providing them with information and support; making sales presentations to prospective and present clients; calculating and quoting budgets; taking sample orders and closing specifications; contacting prospects and explaining features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales and negotiation techniques; answering all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required.
- Monitors projects from specification through fabrication with Territory Account Manager counterpart and distribution partners and owns the plan for project acquisition.
- Monitors territory performance against established objectives/guidelines and takes the appropriate action to improve performance
- Provides customer service to ensure resolution of issues within marketing policies; communicates customer requirements and requests support from other departments as necessary; provides product specific customer feedback (i.e. product features, quality, functionality, competition, possible sales results, etc. to product line managers, management or customer service personnel as appropriate to assist in achieving company’s mission, vision and objectives
- Assists in establishing sales objectives for the territory in conjunction with the Regional Business Director and ensures sales activities in the territory comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
- Stays abreast and informs management of industry, product, economic, and other territory changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely reporting of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
- Assists in developing a territory coverage plan, which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals.
- Performs analysis on opportunities within region and develops forecast for specifications by customer and product and other reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identifying and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
- Provides recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, documents, materials, etc. are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy.
- Primary focus on Healthcare, Educational, Retail, Hospitality segments
- Weekly Meetings, WIGS, Lead Measures (4DX) – Execution
- Territory Activity: Stays abreast in Trade and Networking organizations in the territory. Actively participating in events and scheduling after-hour (5-9) activities for additional networking opportunities.
- Distribution: Develops the Design Representatives at distribution into extensions of Panolam’s sales force. Conducts regular project tracking meeting with distribution.
- Utilizes salesforce.com for all account, contact, tasks, and project management activities.
- Contract compliance and execution.
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS: Apply Now
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience selling to the A&D community.
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s diverse business and product lines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment: to include basic accounting, negotiating, prospecting new clients, networking, solution based selling, understanding product developments, design, and performance and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to call on Corporate/A&D and other C-suite clients
- Proficient using a technology: Microsoft Office products, Mobile Technology, E-Mail and other in-house database systems
- Excellent presentation: oral and written, ability to develop formal presentations for customers both internal and external. Ability to read, possibly write, and present White Papers
- Excellent interpersonal skills: communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers and business contacts, at all organizational levels; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, and ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
- Ability to achieve results through team efforts understanding the team concept in the current model. Panolam Surface Systems has a team based selling approach to the market.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze information to develop solutions
- Ability to travel, including some overnight travel
Panolam offers a great benefit plan, which includes Medical, Dental, Life and 401(k), as well as a monthly car allowance and eligibility to participate in our quarterly sales commission program. Please include your salary requirements when responding to this position.