POSITION: Senior Accountant
LOCATION: Shelton, CT
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
- Prepare Month End Journal Entries for Corporate and subsidiary companies.
- Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet account analyses for subsidiaries.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of Subsidiary, Foreign and Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Analyze results of manufacturing business units and assist plants to identify reasons for variances from budget and prior year.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of annual budget.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of quarterly and annual audit requirements for all business.
- Assist financial management in preparation and analysis of all financial results as needed.
- Prepare and analyze daily cash flow activity.
- Assist in preparing and reporting tax compliance requirements.
- Tax duties: Prepare Sales & Use Tax Returns, Property tax and Freeport exemption returns
- Tax administrative duties: Work with 3rd party tax firm to pay estimated and actual taxes, file tax returns on time, prepare all book information for 3rd party tax firm – allocations, financials, depreciation, tax account and rollforward analysis for help in preparation of tax provision by 3rd party
REQUIREMENTS: Apply Now
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting.
- CPA preferred but not necessary.
- 4 to 6 years of accounting experience.
- Attention to detail required.
- Good analytical skills including ability to propose ideas for improvements.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Must be able to present ideas and analytical work to management in a concise and easy to understand format.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and personal computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and make most efficient use of time.