POSITION: Territory Account Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
Panolam Surface Systems (www.panolam.com) is a leading manufacturer of interior surfaces, including; high-pressure decorative laminates, thermally fused laminates, and a variety of specialty laminates for decorative as well as industrial applications.
We currently have an opening for our Territory Account Manager position based in Minnesota for the territory of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Winnipeg, Canada. This is an experienced sales position that requires a high degree of creativity and latitude. This position will be the principal selling agent within this assigned territory for the Company to achieve the short- and long-term objectives established in the Business Plan. Objectives will be achieved prospecting new and existing accounts in this territory.
- Performs Sales Calls: this includes, but is not limited to: traveling to customers and potential customer facilities, understanding their needs through prescribed solution selling, providing them with information and support; making sales presentations to prospective and present clients; calculating and quoting prices, taking orders and closing transactions; contacting prospects and explaining features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales and negotiation techniques; answering all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required.
- Develop existing and new distributors through training, joint sales calls, project tracking meetings and special programs.
- Monitors territory performance against established objectives/guidelines and takes the appropriate action to improve performance
- Provides customer service to ensure resolution of issues within marketing policies; communicates customer requirements and requests support from other departments, as necessary; provides product specific customer feedback (i.e. product features, quality, functionality, competition, possible sales results, etc.) to product line managers, management or customer service personnel, as appropriate, to assist in achieving Company’s mission, vision and objectives
- Assists in establishing sales objectives for the territory in conjunction with the Regional Business Director and ensures sales activities in the territory comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
- Stays abreast and informs management of industry, product, economic, and other territory changes that may impact sales and overall Company business; provides timely reporting of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
- Assists in developing a territory coverage plan, which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals.
- Performs analysis on region opportunities and develops forecast for sales by customer and product and other statistical reports, as required, on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identifying and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
- Provides recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned Company owned equipment, documents, materials, etc. are used, maintained and stored, as required, and in accordance with Company policy.
- Weekly Meetings, WIGS, Lead Measures (4DX) – Execution, and other required training
- Territory Activity: Stays abreast in Trade and Networking organizations in the territory. Actively participating in events and scheduling after hour (5-9) activities for additional networking opportunities.
- Utilizes salesforce.com for all account, contact, tasks, and project management activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS: Apply Now
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Company’s diverse business and product lines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment: to include basic accounting, negotiating, prospecting new clients, networking, solution based selling, understanding product developments, design, and performance and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to call on End User customers. (Selling to the C-Suite Client)
- Proficient using a technology: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office products, Mobile Technology, E-Mail and other in-house database systems
Panolam offers a great benefit plan, which includes Medical, Dental, Life and 401(k), as well as a monthly car allowance and eligibility to participate in our quarterly sales commission program. Please include your salary requirements when responding to this position.